I tried to post this yesterday, but couldn't. I'll write another for today's update as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear hearts,
Dr. O'Rourke and his team decided that Harry needed more physical therapy than he is getting here, so any day now we will be moving to a rehab facility for a couple weeks. I went and checked it out, and it looks like a plush hotel. I was able to talk with one of the patients there who is going home soon, and she spoke very highly of the place. Two of the nurses here also told us that, although they're, "not allowed to make any recommendations," this would definitely be the place they'd choose if they were in the same situation. This is actually a big relief to both of us since Harry is still pretty weak. I had visions of us at home in the middle of the night with him having fallen and me unable to get him up. Not a pretty thought.
Apart from all that, yesterday and today were big days. Harry's big birthday present was getting the foley catheter out and having the freedom to pee into a plastic bottle! He said, "I finally feel like I have control over SOMETHING!" Today he was able (with the help of a walker and a therapist) to walk around the bed and back to his chair. Tomorrow the hallway!
I know how many wonderful people are reading this, and so I want to just say a word about my Aunt Eileen. I'm named after her, a happy fact that has become more and more important to me as the years go on. She's not only our sweet aunt, but the smartest person I know. Smarter every year. I had a long conversation with her tonight, and she really lifted my heart and my spirits, as she does every time I talk with her. So I just wanted to say for all the world to see, I love you, Aunt Eileen.
Tonight Harry and I were ciding ourselves for allowing any worry or fear to enter our minds. Harry had the antidote. Our Hero said, "Every day we need to look for an opportunity to do something for God." So here's something for God today. Thank you, Father. Thank you, Father. Thank you, Father.
I love you all.
Friday, November 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man, I've done the physical therapy bit. Just an opportunity for some beautiful young woman to grab my arm, twist it until I thought I was going to pee (Harry, can I use your bottle?), and then say something sweet.
But they will swarm over you, tell you how great you are (and you are, though don't tell anyone I said so), and under their tutelage you will make great progress I'm sure. Those PT gals are wonderful!
And all the guys in the bass club send their regards. After each note Eileen posts (and thanks, Eileen, for doing so), I send out an email letting folks know what is happening.
One thing we can do for God each day is give thanks. And we do.
Tim
P. S. Eileen, you're a rock. We are glad Harry has you.
Post a Comment