One and all,
According to the nursing staff, I "look good." I certainly feel pretty good, and while I know that I need lots of physical therapy, I want to get on with it. Eileen and I have changed our focus from finding a rehab facility to doing rehab at home where love abounds.
Love,
Harry
------------------- From Eileen --------------------------
In a wacky turn of events, the staff discovered that the "plush" rehab will not take cancer (even former) patients. They're afraid the person will suddenly require some of those "expensive" chemo type drugs, and they don't want to run the risk of incurring that cost. I have no doubt the place up the road that smells of urine would have no such issue, but we have a much better alternative that has a gorgeous view of a lake. So now they've lit a fire under the hospital physical therapists and made sure they were coming twice a day for an extended period. The result is that last night Harry was able to go in and use the actual bathroom, and today walked back and forth to the nurses station twice. The therapist today said she thought Harry was only a few days away from going home, and the social worker here said, "Let's try to get you home by Thanksgiving." God clearly intends for Harry to have an entirely different type of rehab.
I love you all.
Monday, November 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The news of the last 3 days was phenomenal! The clean result of the biopsy made up my month (not just the day). The rehab at home will keep u with healthy people around you. With the prayers and determination of Eileen together with your strength and optimism, the view of the lake, the birds’ songs, and the healthy deer running near your home, you will be back to full enjoyment of your natural habitat (home). Perhaps, at the cost of frightened trouts! Keep it our Hero!
Good judgment, on all parts. Home is a great place to be.
The spot that smells of urine, whether they would take Harry does not matter, would not be a good choice. The odor reveals too many other things about that place.
Bass club guys are on me for more news and offering their best wishes every day. Keep it up, both of you. We're cheering from the sidelines.
Tim
My Dear Harry,
I found out about your illness the day after I had my back surgery. Please know my thoughts, prayers and love for you continue. It sound as if you are rallying and this pleases me so, so, so much. Also, I'm recovering well and plan to return to work after Christmas. Please give my love to your family, too. You will always be my big brother Harry. Plese keep up the steady improvement! Greg sends his love also.
Love always, Jackie
Harry, I'd like to add to my comment of earlier today. "Looking good" is on a relative scale, not an absolute scale. As a scientist, you will understand scales.
Tim
Post a Comment