Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sun., Nov. 19 - From Harry Our Hero

One and all,

A beautiful Sunday here. I spent a lot of it sleeping, but tomorrow is Rehab Monday. I don't yet have a time goal, but Eileen and I are sure ready to go home, so I will be working in that direction.

Love,
Harry

--------------- From Eileen -------------------
On Friday, the rehab doc said he'd try to get Harry moved Monday. Unfortunately, there is only a semiprivate room available right at the moment, so I won't be able to sleep in the room. We'll still be on a waiting list for a private room, though, and one may well open up while he's there. No matter. Better to get started as soon as possible.

Harry told me yesterday that one of the nurses stopped by to congratulate him on his remission, saying, "I knew this was going to happen, though." He asked her how she knew, and she thought for a moment and said, "Because you wanted it so much." Amen to that.

We both had long naps today. Lots of fatigue in both our bones. It was nice to read a book and fall asleep - to do something "normal."

Last night, Harry said a very simple pray on both our behalfs. "Thanks, God. We won't take this for granted, and we'll spend the rest of our lives doing whatever it is You want us to do." Sacrament of marriage. The three of you together.

I love you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOO!! I am dancing and laughing and clapping and crying and thanking God. I knew Harry would be fine. How could he not be.
I love you both.
Thank God, thank God.
Kay

Anonymous said...

The answer to a lot of prayers. Good going, Harry.

Joyce and Tim

The Leamy's said...

Well, lemmme tell ya. The trouts of the world will not be so happy to get this news! If you listen carefully you can hear them tremble in their watery lairs.

For the rest of us, however, greatest news possible.

Tim