Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday, Nov. 13 - From Eileen

Today they did the bone marrow biopsy, and we should have results in the next day or two. Whatever the result, Harry will have another round of chemo. If there's no leukemia, they do a second round as insurance against anything they might not be able to detect. If there is some leukemia left, they'll do another round to kill that off.

The fact that there would be a second round didn't really hit me until last Friday, and it may hit some of you pretty hard, too. But here's what Harry had to say. I asked him whether he was afraid of another round and he said no. I asked him why not, and he said, "I was down as low as I could get, almost dead, and I prayed really, really hard for a long time, and I was alive. So that's what you do." Can't really add anything to that. That's the formula Our Hero has prescribed, and I know you're all on board with it. We've just got a little farther to go.

Harry also said there was something specific he wanted on the blog tonight. He said, "Say that you and I were lying down in the same bed for just a little minute." So there you have it. Felt good, too.

I love you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gong to mass tonight and will offer it up for you. I'ii probably spend another buck on a candle too.

IGL---dave

The Leamy's said...

Harry's right. Sometimes we have to take what we have and call it victory. If he feels better, that's good. If he's been at the bottom and now a little (or a lot) above, that's good. A positive attitude (and snuggling too) helps a lot. That's why I always told Harry, "We're gonna catch one right here." Eileen, ask Harry to tell you about the day we had at Crossroute Lake.

Tim