Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday, Nov. 6, Day 26 - From Eileen

Dear hearts,

If it weren't for the fact that Harry was sleeping peacefully in an ICU bed, you'd have thought today was a normal day at the lake. This was the first day we've been by ourselves since he was admitted to the ICU, and I sat with him several hours, reading the newspaper to him, saying the rosary, reading a meditation to him, telling him about every single one of you and what's going on with you - a normal day.

Today his white blood cells are at 3.2. All the blood and sputum cultures they sent to the lab a few days ago came back negative, so he is without infection. They believe they've figured out the rash - an allergic reaction to a particular antibiotic (which has also been known to cause fever), so they took him off that one and the rash is indeed much better. They decided to give him another day with the respirator in place, even though he's breathing on his own. They say they, "Err on the side of caution," and for that, I'm grateful. They would like him to be more alert and responsive before taking out the ventilator, so they'll see how he is tomorrow again. Removing the ventilator is the big goal each day now.

I believe you are all in the process of rescuing my husband. So I'm sitting here in my pink and daisied "Life Is Good" pajamas certain that God's in His heaven and all's right with the world. Your prayers have purchased more time for me to live with the love of my life.

I love you all.

4 comments:

Mohamed-Ali Hasan said...

Wonderful news! It a day to celebrate! You are making our smiles bigger

Anonymous said...

Mom,

You always tell me to write down the miracles that God does for me so that I can read them at another time. You should write some of this down to share with Harry later, to read years and years from now, or whenever you want to remember these miracles that God has given our whole family. Also it could help the studio executives later when they are making some blockbuster love story about the two of you!

Anonymous said...

Your ending comments are so beautiful, they make me cry. (tears of joy I might add). It makes us all realize just how blessed we are to have "normal" days pretty much all the time. You just continue to snuggle in next to your hubby and "know you're in good hands with all of us praying for you". Love ya. Evie and Dave

The Leamy's said...

Pink pajamas indeed! The best kind no doubt, though I do not have any -- maybe I need to go to the store. If pink pajamas are consistent with good news, I'll buy two.

By unanimous vote, last evening the bass club voted to make Harry Honorary Life Tournament Chairman in recognition of his distinguished and imaginative service in that role. A more appropriate recognition will be forthcoming.

Tim