Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday, Oct. 21, Day 10

One and all,

Eileenie is typing for me. First, a clarification on the word "day." This is "day" 10. A day on the chemo ward begins when a chemo bag is hung on the IV tree. A "day" runs from the time the chemo is hung until noon the next day. This means that at noon tomorrow, chemo infusion will be over. I am looking forward to it.

This morning I was visited by nausea, diarrhea and dehydration, all par for the course. They knocked me flat, but with the help of rehydration via IV, I am now beginning to feel more nearly normal. I find myself wondering how people coped before the advent of plastic bags, tubing, fittings, syringes and the like. We use a lot of these items in this room. (Note from Eileen - Harry STILL walked 13 laps today, astounding me, the nurses, and himself.)

Till tomorrow...

1 comment:

Mohamed-Ali Hasan said...

13 laps after chemo! Bravo! We r confident that those rogue cells will obey your will and start behaving! keep it up!