(Eileen typing)
One and all,
Thank you for your praise regarding my walking. As it happens, the doctor and nurses believe I have been overdoing it, and I have been ordered to cut back, and so I shall (from E. - Dr. O'Rourke said, "You're doing so great, but now you need to coast a little bit."). Today, my white count dropped to 0.3, my hemoglobin to 10.5, and platelets to 7, so I received a platelet transfusion this afternoon. Also this afternoon, Eileen and I made it OUTSIDE to a beautiful garden of eden type courtyard of the hospital where we enjoyed beautiful sunshine, a gentle, cool breeze, and one another. (From E. - we have a nice picture to put on, but can't get it to work. We'll send it to Phaedra and see if she can get it posted.) We tarryed there and spoke of many things, mostly normal life. We are anxious to get back to our normal life, and will be appropriately thankful when we do.
Till tomorrow...
(From E. - Last night our wonderful Nurse Nancy really laid down the law - in her own kind way- with Harry to get him to see that although there are many times when exercising as he has been is a good thing, this is the time when his body needs all his resources for the battle going on inside him. He and I both had trouble sleeping last night. She tried getting us both down at about 9:00, but by 11:00, we were both wide awake again like a couple of 3 year olds. Harry called her back in to give him something more to help him sleep, so she turned on a TV channel that had soothing music and pictures of stars, gave me a back rub, said, "Good night, sweethearts," and turned the lights out for the second time. I felt like Wendy and Peter Pan. The garden today was really lovely, and it helped Harry enormously to be unteethered and free, breathing the clean, cool air. We considered making a dash for the car (surely you can get all this stuff over the internet, right?), but came back to our "dorm" room instead. I'm still secondguessing that decision. :)
Love to all of you.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Keep up the fight--dave
This blog is addictive! I was unable to upload the page and was so unhappy. Then the charming news came up. It is a true celebration day! Great news! May be it is time for a joke! Here is a little one:
A store manager overheard a clerk saying to a customer, "No, ma'am, we haven't had any for some weeks now, and it doesn't look as if we'll be getting any soon."
Alarmed, the manager rushed over to the customer who was walking out the door and said, "That isn't true, ma'am. Of course, we'll have some soon. In fact, we placed an order for it a couple of weeks ago."
Then the manager drew the clerk aside and growled, "Never, never, never, never say we don't have something. If we don't have it, say we ordered it and it's on its way. Now, what was it she wanted?"
"Snow."
Post a Comment