Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday, October 19: Day 8

One and all,

Two more days to go! Still no nausea, appetite ok, etc. My blood counts are falling rapidly now and I am feeling it. I seem unable to focus my thoughts on much of anything and information that does enter the noggin seems to flow through without much impact. Maybe this is not new. Anyhow, I feel floaty. The nurses say that this is entirely normal and expected, but I feel dopy. Tomorrow, I will be more so, and may ask Eileen to post the daily update. Again, I feel fine, just disconnected.

We got our lamps back! Eileen decided to speak with someone other than a floor nurse and so went down to the administrative section of the hospital and found the most imposing looking woman in the area. She told her of our lamps, our loss of them, and the joy that bringing them back would afford. We had them back in no time, with just a perfunctory check of the cords to see whether they were frayed. They were not. The room now is more, much more, like home and we are comfortable and happy in it.

Eileen wants to add one thing. Here it is.
Today the eucharistic minister who came described what we are going through as "going on retreat". We have been physically taken away from the lovely distractions of our previous life and now have been given the opportunity to focus on God and his plan. This we are taking seriously and gratefully.

Finally, our thanks to all of you for your support. Your cards and letters are most joyously received.

till tomorrow,

1 comment:

Mohamed-Ali Hasan said...

This site is really great! Good job on getting the lamps back! This was a good proof of your determination to overcome challenges. Today the lamps r back and tomorrow Harry will be back enjoying normal life. We r all confident that your strong will, determination, and strength together with the support of Eileen and the kids will make u overcome this glitch. Your writings r awesome and I do not see any indication of "floating" anywhere. Keep it up and get ready for your trip to Italy again.