One and all,
Another day of loafing, reading, and listening to lectures on tape. No bad reaction to the chemo other than general lassitude. I did make a mile hike around the 5th floor with Larry and daughter Jill in tow, Eileen leading the way. I enjoyed it and it was great to talk to them without doing so from a bed. We had a nice visit.
Today, we were to have been in Rome. Drat. In fact, we do not a bit regret the decision to stay here. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be doing this in Italy, but it could not be better than here, cappucino notwithstanding.
I also received a visit from the president of our parish's K of C council, who expressed supportive sentiments from the whole group.
These visits, the ongoing chemo, and just the general rhythm of hospital routines, make me tired. I am told that this is right on schedule.
Ok, a lecture tidbit: "pyrrhic victory" is one which comes at high cost. It is named for a 4th century (BC) Macedonian general who was hired by the Greeks in southern Italy to take on the Romans. He won, but declared that another such victory would be the end of his army. Good, eh?
A final note of positive effect. I have three spots on my forehead that I know, by experience now, are going to become full blown basal cell carcinomas. These we fair skinned people refer to simply as BCCs. I get a couple removed each year. Well, these three are shrinking and my Doc says that, yes, he could put the dermatologists out of business with this chemo regimin if people would just let him do it.
Love to you all,
Harry
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment