
The campsite at St. Francis is much the same as the day before and the day before that. And a campsite it is. Not only have Harry and Eileen equipped their room with battery operated camping lamps, but also, should they want to do any spelunking or night time auto-mechanics, headlamps. It's quite a scene. One day the nurse will walk in to find Harry and Eileen roasting marshmallows over candles and swapping ghost stories.

Harry continues to be mentally and physically strong as his family continues to visit and hope and offer their support. As we can all see from the comment board, we are a family of overwhelming love.
Today was Harry's last day on the Daunorubicin. *Pause for audience applause*
The quotes of the day come from Harry and Finn. "There are miles and miles of skyward hope above." And of course, Finn resounds in his eternal chorus: "Smack a noodle!"
(Harry's note attached below)
One and all,
First, my appreciation to all of you who have taken to the blog rather than using email. It helps keep the volume of email down and, even so, I could not answer them all. Not that I am sick and weak. I am not. Today was another good day. We walked a mile within the hospital, I got new chemo drug refils, and got in some good reading and sleeping.
Eileen and Phaedra went out to the store and returned with three coleman camping lamps. These are made to look like the old gas lanterns, but use batteries instead. So our room has taken on a sort of "camping" theme.
The road ahead consists of 4 more days of chemo followed by 7 days of rest, followed by bone marrow biopsy test to see if remission was induced. If so, I go home for a bit more rest before returning for the "consolidation" chemo treatments. Stay tuned.
I am bouyed up by the many kind expressions of support from everyone, but most expecially from Eileen, who is literally living here in the hospital with me and is protecting me from myself and from those who would distract me from my job, which is to stay healthy and rested through the chemo and beyond. She is a gift from God.
Phaedra's now usual embellishment of my post did not appear yesterday because the power was out at the house last evening and again this morning. She is on her way back to ETSU and will perhaps augment this post from there.
I bid you all a very good night and look forward to sending out another post tomorrow.
Love
Harry
1 comment:
Our minds and hearts are with you. As a great leader and educator, u have injected much positivness and strength in all of those around u. I am confident that your strength will overcome this challenge.
We love u all.
Post a Comment