Hello All,
Today there was some good news, which was that Harry's blood is now free of blast cells. This is the first indication that the chemo has been working effectively.
However, because of the side effects of the chemotherapy - nausea, etc. - Harry has become dehydrated with low blood pressure. This has been the main cause of a lot of his discomfort. He had somewhat of a bad night last night and the nurses decided to move him to the ICU. Mainly, they want to monitor the staff infection and the consequent fever.
The nurses insist that this is not uncommon and should not cause concern. We take them at their word. Please remain faithful in your prayers and hopeful in your thoughts.
Love to you all,
The Leamy's
Friday, October 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
May God give you strength and patience. Our hearts and thoughts are with you all the time. Hope that the worst is over and he is on the path of recovery.
So happy to hear the results of Harry's newest bloodwork! I am thinking and praying for you both constantly. I have a very clear image of you both being back at your home after this is over, happy to be back in your own bed, happy to look out at your lake every morning, with a new and unique appreciation of your lives together. This is how I think of you all the time.
oops. that is me above, under anonymous.
I was preparing the bible study for next week and it included Exodus 17:11-13. It was so timely I had to share it. I hope all who see this will read that passage. It is so perfect. All of those who are praying for you are like Amalek and Hur. Sometimes the battle is so fierce we don't have the strength to handle it alone. That's why God sends warriors to help hold YOU up when you are too tired. Things will get better. Remember God loves you and so do we. Evie and Dave
Don't be concerned about the 2 deletions. It was only me because I put the wrong passage number and then made the correction in the second message and then found I could delete both and start over. This just gives me a chance to tell you again how much we're there for you both. IGL and ours too. Evie and Dave
Hey Eileen, it's a good thing I'm a strong person cause I'm holding Harry's bed up with one hand and your arm with the other.
IGL Dave
Post a Comment