Hello our dear LPCTC,
We have now been home a week and are finally adjusting to being back HOME. I found that for the first few days, I kept looking at the clock and thinking about what they were doing on the 5th floor at St. Francis at that moment - even found myself missing our favorite night nurse. Touch of the Stockholm Syndrome. Anyway, we've finally started to feel like we're home again. We do still have a fox hole mentality, but it's a much nicer fox hole, and our socks are dry.
Harry was supposed to get a bone marrow biopsy on Tuesday, but his platelets weren't high enough yet. So he hopped off their exam table (ok, that might be a little exaggeration, but he was very convincingly spry), and we went to McDonald's and ate sausage biscuits in the morning sun. Heavenly. I've been giving him his daily IV dose of antibiotic, and have become quite the little nurse. I can flush that IV, give him the meds, flush the line again and top it off with Heperin without even waking him up.
We continue to say the rosary every night and ask for Harry's complete healing, but also for the grace to keep plugging away at this. I don't know how we could have spent 28 days in the hospital and both come out so drained, but we did. Good thing God doesn't get tired.
We pray a prayer of thanks for each of you as well.
Love,
E
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are home, what a beautiful thing. I know you arrived tired, but each day at your wonderful lake will rejuvenate you, I know. You both are doing great, and I am so thankful that all is well. I love you both very much.
Laura
Dry socks count for plenty!I can recall at day at Lake Murray when Harry did not have dry socks -- or anything else -- and he was pretty miserable. Warm fires, dry socks, sausage bisquits, one another. Sounds good to me.
Tim
Post a Comment